Welcome to INTO Trade Union Training
Trade union training is essential for the development of a strong union and to ensure positive participation among the membership.
INTO provides training on an annual basis for all INTO officers, including CEC Representatives; District and Branch Cathaoirligh and Secretaries; Principal’s Fora officers; Staff Representative Tutors and a number of other courses.
This is usually undertaken by way of training seminars which include opportunities to develop leadership skills, information on INTO structures and procedures, updates on conditions of employment and on legal and industrial relations matters concerning teachers.
Aims which underpin INTO trade union training programmes:
- To increase the active participation of members in the Organisation.
- To develop leadership potential within the Organisation.
- To promote the INTO as an effective and caring Organisation.
- To impart knowledge and skills to activists at Branch, District and National level on INTO structures and policies and on the policies of the broader trade union movement.
- To increase self reliance among members.
- To ensure that an adequate share of the Organisation’s resources are devoted to Trade Union Training in order to achieve the objectives outlined above.
INTO trade union training programmes are supported on an ongoing basis by the development of appropriate resources and materials, e.g. Staff Representative Tutor Materials, Staff Representative Handbook, presentations which are available on the Branch Officer Extranet etc.