Terms & Conditions
Online Professional Development Course Terms and Conditions
We ask that all course participants accept and abide by the course terms and conditions below:
- Copyright: All media contained on this site is subject to copyright and owned by INTO Learning and/or its collaborative partners. Any reproduction, republication or retransmission is strictly prohibited. All right, title, and interest (including all copyrights and other intellectual property rights) in your online course belongs to INTO Learning and/or its collaborative partners. Course participants acquire no proprietary interest in these materials or copies thereof.
- Course participants may download (where made available) and/or print course materials and make copies of these for personal, educational and non-commercial use only.
- While every effort has been made to ensure that course content is accurate and up to date at the time of dissemination it may be subject to later alteration or amendment in the light of DES circulars, policy changes, course updates or other factors.
- INTO Learning is not responsible for the information contained on third party websites and by linking to them does not implicitly or explicitly endorse these websites or associated organisations.
- INTO Learning cannot assume responsibility for the presence of viruses, malware and/or spyware on third party linked websites encountered during the course. Guarding against malware and viruses is a common practice among users of computer technology and course participants must take full responsibility and apply their own precautions in this respect.
- INTO Learning strives to provide constant, uninterrupted access to our online courses for their duration but we do not guarantee this. We accept no responsibility or liability for any interruption or delay of access or any consequences of lack of service.
- INTO Learning provide a username and password to facilitate your log in to the course material. In the case of personal/professional accounts, these are personal to you and cannot be transferred to any other person without the prior consent of INTO Learning. Please note that you are required to use your name and registration number as registered with the Teaching Council. All interactions are underpinned by the principles outlined in the Teaching Council Code of Professional Conduct. See Section on Professional Integrity 2.4: Teachers should: use their name/names as set out in the Register of Teachers, in the course of their professional duties
- In the case of School accounts, INTO Learning provide a username and password to facilitate your log in to the course material. Your staff may login using the school username and password. Access credentials are specific to your school and cannot be transferred to any other person without the prior consent of INTO Learning.
- Guidance on the technology necessary to access course materials is provided in the course introduction and is available through INTO Learning’s email and telephone support facilities. However, it is ultimately the participant’s responsibility to ensure they have access to the technology necessary for full participatory access (Broadband, PC, etc.).
- As a course participant you undertake to abide by the guidance outlined in the paragraph below in relation to course discussion forums and any other communications such as Chat or Instant Messaging: “All communications must be original and of a professional and appropriate nature. It is considered inappropriate to name any person or school in any context. If you are referring to any establishment the reference must be of a professional and respectful nature”. See Section 3 on Professional Conduct (3.7) in the Teaching Council Code of Professional Conduct for Teachers. Teachers should: ensure that any communication with pupils/students, colleagues, parents, school management and others is appropriate, including communication via electronic media, such as e-mail, texting and social networking sites
- Where there is a course requirement to make postings to a course discussion forum such postings must be of an original and appropriate nature. Plagiarism will not be tolerated and will result in your posting being removed and not counted in the fulfilment of course requirements.
- INTO Learning reserves the right to terminate your access to its website and its services at any time and without due notice or prior notification.
- INTO Learning reserves the right to deny or retrospectively withdraw Course Approval for any breach of terms and conditions.
- INTO reserves the right to cancel a course if a minimum number of participants has not enrolled for that course. We will endeavour to provide as much notice as possible in the event that a course has to be cancelled.
- Data Retention: Please note that INTO Learning keeps your learning data for a period of 3 years, after which INTO Learning removes all data such as course certificates, learning records and all course participation data. Therefore, requests for CPD records, including certificates of completion, cannot be honoured beyond this 3-year period.
- Download of course certificate: Please note that course certificates will be available from the time of course completion for a period of 1 month. You MUST download your PDF certificate as part of course completion. Any request for certificates after this timeframe will be considered on a case by case basis, and may incur an administrative fee.
- You participate in our courses as an independent learning. While INTO Learning endeavours to provide notice of all pertinent course completion details and requirements, it is your responsibility to complete all course requirements prior to course closure
- Courses refunds will only be granted in accordance with the INTO Learning Course Refund Policy at http://intolearning.ie/summer-course-refund-policy/
- Changes and/or updates to these Terms of Service: INTO Learning may modify these terms without notification, for any reason and at any time.